Energy metering consumptions of a food containers production factory
- Site: United Kingdom – Salters Ln, Sedgefield, Stockton-on-Tees TS21 3EE
- Customer: SIRAP GROUP S.p.A. www.sirapgroup.com/uk
- Description: Sirap Group SpA is one of the most qualified producers of fresh food containers in Europe. The company, founded in Verolanuova (Brescia) in 1960, is controlled by Italmobiliare, an Italian holding listed on the Milan stock exchange. They are sector leaders in the ability to create new sustainable packaging solutions for all categories of fresh food.
Sirap benefit from the LOVATO Synergy software package on their Sedgefield, UK site by monitoring their distributed package substations and the production lines they feed. Monitoring all 4 substations allows for a top down view on the energy usage around the factory and enables future installations to be easily planned for. This energy profile used in conjunction with the Lovato energy quality module allows Sirap to compare their usage with their energy supplier’s invoices and challenge discrepancies.
By using numerous DME330 meters in an architecture similar to the discrimination layout of the protection devices, Sirap can monitor various aspects of their production lines and measure the efficiency of the machines. Changes in load can be monitored at specific areas of the machines and can highlight how effective the machine is operating. Reports produced by the Synergy server are helpful for error detection and planned maintenance.
- Products installed:
– n. 47 DMED330 Energy meters
- Monitoring software: LOVATO Electric SYNERGY Onsite
For further information about this case and the relevant products installed, please fill the form at this link.